Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Troops in at prime minister's order: Sahara...........

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Troops in at prime minister's order: Sahara........... Empty
PostSubject: Troops in at prime minister's order: Sahara...........   Troops in at prime minister's order: Sahara........... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:20 am

Troops in at prime minister's order: Sahara........... Top231

Home Minister Sahara Khatun says the army units, now inside the BDR HQ, acted at the instruction of the prime minister.

Sahara Khatun, at the BDR main gate, told reporters at 12:38pm, nearly one and a half hours after the armoured vehicles and the troops went in, that the army units had gone inside to help with the rescue and recovery work.

"Please do not distort my statements. Report accurately what I have said," the minister said, speaking to the media.

"I had said yesterday that the army would not (be allowed to) come here. But today, with permission of the prime minister, they have been allowed in, to support the rescue work," the minister said.

"Rumours are being spread. Do not heed to propaganda," the minister said.

Earlier, army chief Gen Moeen U Ahmed arrived at the BDR headquarters at 12:10pm, 25 minutes after the home minister had entered the complex.

Home minister Sahara Khatun drove into BDR headquarters nearly 40 minutes after the army units took positions inside the complex in the morning.

A white four-wheeler carrying the minister arrived at the main entrance to the complex at 11:44am, our staff correspondent Prodip Chowdhury at the gate said.

The correspondent saw six APCs, 20 armoured vehicles roll through the main entrance of the paramilitary headquarters at 10:57am.

The correspondent said the troops, speaking through loudspeakers, asked people move away as they drove up the Satmasjid Road from their overnight base in Dhanmondi Residential Area.

"Keep quiet. No slogans, please," they said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

Troops in at prime minister's order: Sahara...........
Page 1 of 1