Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ministers, MPs to disclose assets...................

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Ministers, MPs to disclose assets................... Empty
PostSubject: Ministers, MPs to disclose assets...................   Ministers, MPs to disclose assets................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Ministers and members of parliament will have to disclose their assets from next month, said finance minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhit on Tuesday.

The minister said the move to make wealth accounts of elected representatives available to the public was in line with Awami League's election manifesto.

"We were unable to take the initiative so far this month, but are enforcing it from February," Muhit told reporters after his first meeting with officials of National Board of Revenue.

The finance minister warned that the NBR would collect the wealth accounts to target tax evaders.

"A group of wealth monsters have been created in our country, we must see whether they pay their taxes," he said.

"If such tax evaders remain in our party or government, they will not be spared. We are not the government of any one party, we are the government of the country of the people."

The finance minister also pointed out revenue from import duty and VAT might decline due to the current crisis in the global economy. "Under this circumstance, there is no alternative to enhancing internal resources."
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

Ministers, MPs to disclose assets...................
Page 1 of 1