Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hasan Mashhud keeps mum as he quits..................

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Hasan Mashhud keeps mum as he quits.................. Empty
PostSubject: Hasan Mashhud keeps mum as he quits..................   Hasan Mashhud keeps mum as he quits.................. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Hasan Mashhud keeps mum as he quits.................. Top218

The Anticorruption Commission chairman Hasan Mashhud Chowdhury stepped down Thursday, saying there was no need to spell out the reason for his resignation.

"I think you all know the situation now prevailing; there's no need for me explain it," the former army chief briefed reporters, before leaving the ACC headquarters in the city at around 4pm.

"There is a need a new leadership now to bring swiftness in the work of the ACC," said Chowdhury.

Without receiving any questions from the press, he stepped into his car and left for his residence, ending his last workday since he took over on Feb. 25, 2007.

Senior government officials had earlier told us the ACC chief sent his resignation letter to the Bangabhaban around noon.

Chowdhury met with his officials at the headquarters after 3pm and bid them farewell.

He was appointed on Feb 22 by the Fakhruddin Ahmed-led army-installed caretaker government after resigning as an adviser to the caretaker government led by president Iajuddin Ahmed.

Chowdhury led the antigraft body in its drive against top political figures during the immediate past caretaker regime.

MPs from the ruling Awami League and opposition BNP have since demanded his resignation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

Hasan Mashhud keeps mum as he quits..................
Page 1 of 1