Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Convict actor Dipjol arrested ...............

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Convict actor Dipjol arrested ............... Empty
PostSubject: Convict actor Dipjol arrested ...............   Convict actor Dipjol arrested ............... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:14 am

Convict actor Dipjol arrested ............... 2008-114

A Dhaka court on Wednesday ordered officials to send actor and former BNP ward commissioner Monwar Hossain Dipjol to jail, his lawyer said.

The court of chief metropolitan magistrate Moazzem Hossain passed the order, defence lawyer Ataur Rahman Duke said.

"The chief metropolitan magistrate gave the orders showing the accused arrested in six cases and as convict in three other cases," Duke said to us.

The court asked the authorities to follow the jail code after the defence counsel appealed to the court to grant the Dipjol first division and health care facilities in the prison.

Dipjol was taken to the Court at midday. Rapid Action Battalion detained him from a house in Mirpur on Tuesday.

RAB handed him over to Darus Salam Police Station at around 11:30am after interrogation.

Some 300 supporters of Dipjol chanted slogans demanding his release when he was being sent to the court from the police station at 11:45am.

Darus Salam police sub-inspector Mehedi Hasan told us that there were warrants of arrest against Dipjol in nine cases.

"In some cases, court has sentenced him to over 40 years in jail."

Earlier, major Mahmud Hossain of RAB-4 said at a press briefing, "Besides the cases, over 50 general diaries have been registered against Dipjol.

"He has been facing numerous charges including of terrorism, extortion, illegal grabbing of government lands, tax-evasion, murder and possessing illegal arms."

"Acting on an intelligence tip-off, we arrested him on Tuesday and later raided different places on the basis of the significant information he gave us," major Mahmud said.

"Our investigations are going on."

RAB assistant director captain Mohammad Moshiul Alam told reporters that Dipjol was arrested in flat no. D-4 of "Ena Garden" at Adabor in Mirpur.

Dipjol was produced before the reporters.

He said, "I'm innocent and fake cases have been filed against me by seizing my licensed arms."

He said he was preparing to surrender to the court.

Asked if he fled the country after 1/11, Dipjol said he was in Dhaka all the time.

Major Mahmud however dismissed his claim.

"He was not in the country. He is lying."

Replying to a question, Dipjol said, "All the cases filed against me are fake and I can even go to the Baitul Mukarram mosque to hang myself."

Dipjol has been convicted for at least 45 years in 12 cases on charges of murder, extortion, tax-dodge and illegal possession of arms.

Dipjol, who played the antagonist in Bangla movies and also directed a few, had been on the run since emergency was declared in Jan. 11, 2007.

His wife, Romana Monwar, has been convicted of a raft of charges and released on bail from jail.

Last edited by Chief_Adviser on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com
SweetBabe

Female
Number of posts : 6
City/Town : UK
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Convict actor Dipjol arrested ............... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Convict actor Dipjol arrested ...............   Convict actor Dipjol arrested ............... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:43 pm

Wow...what a great news that he has been arrested finally. But as he is brillient actor governement should consider him........lol
Back to top Go down

Convict actor Dipjol arrested ...............
Page 1 of 1