Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

3 killed in Panchagarh by BSF fire: official............

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

3 killed in Panchagarh by BSF fire: official............ Empty
PostSubject: 3 killed in Panchagarh by BSF fire: official............   3 killed in Panchagarh by BSF fire: official............ I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:18 am

An infant, the mother and another Bangladeshi were killed late Sunday night by Indian Border Security Force men on the country's northernmost border, said a BDR official.

"The deceased were identified as 35 year-old Golam Mustofa, 25-year-old Majeda Begum and her one-year-old infant Mamun," major Sheikh Farid, in-charge of Panchagarh-25 Battalion, told US.

At least one other person, Majeda's husband Shahidul, 30, was critically wounded and taken to Rangpur Medical College Hospital.

BSF personnel entered Moyanaguri village of the Majhipara border area in Tentulia, crossing near the frontier's Pillar-435 at around 10.15pm, the major said.

They started opening fire after villagers had intercepted them, he said.

Shahidul, Majeda and Mamun were shot as they lay asleep in their home, said villagers.

Shahidul's neighbour, Alamgir Hossain said: "I was woken by the sound of gunfire and realised it was BSF. I cycled to Matirpara BDR camp for help."

The Indian border guards eventually withdrew. "BDR members with villagers later captured one BSF man, who appeared drunk," the major said.

"Homes, riddled with bullet holes, were deserted as villagers took shelter at the local high school," OUR correspondent reported from the scene around midnight.

"Senior BDR officers are present at the scene. Both BDR and BSF have reinforced their presence along the border," Major Farid told US .
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

3 killed in Panchagarh by BSF fire: official............
Page 1 of 1