Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

British Airways stops Dhaka flights next year............

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

British Airways  stops Dhaka flights next year............ Empty
PostSubject: British Airways stops Dhaka flights next year............   British Airways  stops Dhaka flights next year............ I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:07 pm

British Airways will suspend its Dhaka-London passenger flights from next summer, a BA official said late on Friday.

"The decision to suspend flights between Dhaka and London has been a difficult one to make," said Amanda Amos, British Airways' area commercial manager for South Asia.

"However, the route is not making a profitable contribution to our business and we are unable to sustain it," Amos said in a statement sent to us.

After quarter of a century, there will be no passenger flights from London Heathrow to Dhaka after March 28 next year, the BA said, but cargo business will continue.

It has run commercial passenger flights between the two capitals since the 1980s.

"We will continue to offer a cargo operation, using connecting flights via the Middle East," the BA official said.

A top official in Dhaka said the authorities were aware that the BA was considering such a decision.

"During the last six months, the British Airways has been informally telling us about the possible suspension of its services because of poor condition of our airport taxiway," chief adviser's special assistant Mahbub Jamil told us.

But the BA statement did not refer to the runway conditions.

Jamil, who oversees the ministry of civil aviation in absence of a cabinet minister, said the government had already signed a contract with Denmark for the rehabilitation of the taxiway.

"I hope they would not wind up their business (here)," Jamil said on Friday evening.

The British Airways operates three direct flights on Dhaka-London-Dhaka route in a week.

"Customers booked to travel with British Airways from Dhaka after March 28, 2009 will be contacted by the airline so that alternative arrangements can be made," the BA statement said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

British Airways stops Dhaka flights next year............
Page 1 of 1