Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Obaidul Kader, SQ Chowdhury out on bail .............

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Obaidul Kader, SQ Chowdhury out on bail ............. Empty
PostSubject: Obaidul Kader, SQ Chowdhury out on bail .............   Obaidul Kader, SQ Chowdhury out on bail ............. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:46 am

Obaidul Kader, SQ Chowdhury out on bail ............. 10000010

Awami League joint general secretary Obaidul Kader and BNP leader Salahuddin Quader Chowdhury were released on bail from jail on Friday.

Kader, who faces six cases including for acquiring illegal assets and breach of emergency powers rules, was released at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University Hospital at 12:15pm.

Chowdhury, formerly ex-prime minister Khaleda Zia's parliamentary adviser, was released on bail at 11:55am from Kashimpur jail.

Kader was released from the BSMMU Hospital prison cell and was admitted into the same facility for urgent medical treatment.

Former state minister for sports, Kader was arrested on March 9, 2007 on charges of income tax evasion, bribery and concealing information on illegally acquired assets.

"He was released on bail at 12:15pm and got admitted immediately into the BSMMU Hospital for treatment," his lawyer AKM Aminuddin Manik told bdnews24.com.

Chowdhury spoke after his release.

"I'm thankful to Allah. I greet all BNP leaders and workers and the people of Chittagong on my being released on bail," said Chowdhury after his release.

He also demanded unconditional release of Khaleda.

Chowdhury got bail in all the six cases filed against him on charges of extortion and acquiring illegal wealth.

The joint forces arrested Chowdhury at his Dhanmandi residence on Feb 3.

The Anticorruption Commission filed case against him on charges of acquiring illegal assets worth Tk 9.46 crore and concealed information on assets worth Tk 91 lakh in his wealth statement.

The caretaker government on February 18 published a list of 50 top graft suspects asking them to submit their wealth statements within 72 hours. Chowdhury's name appeared on the list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

Obaidul Kader, SQ Chowdhury out on bail .............
Page 1 of 1