Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

McCain accepts party's nomination, promises jobs..............

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

McCain accepts party's nomination, promises jobs.............. Empty
PostSubject: McCain accepts party's nomination, promises jobs..............   McCain accepts party's nomination, promises jobs.............. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:25 am

McCain accepts party's nomination, promises jobs.............. John-m10

Republican John McCain cast himself as an independent-minded reformer on Thursday, vowed `change is coming' if he is elected president and promised to create millions of jobs by developing new energy sources.

"We will attack the problem on every front. We will produce more energy at home," he said in a speech to the Republican National Convention.

McCain accepted his party's presidential nomination in a packed convention hall, insisting he can pull off the kind of change that Democrat Barack Obama talks about in a year Americans are hungry for new leadership.

In a rousing conclusion to his 48-minute address, McCain was nearly drowned out by cheers from the crowd when he vowed to fight for Americans if they elect him over Obama on November 4.

"Stand up, stand up, stand up and fight. Nothing is inevitable here. We're Americans, and we never give up. We never quit. We never hide from history. We make history," he said.

Confetti and balloons rained down from the ceiling in celebration as McCain was joined on stage by his wife Cindy and his vice presidential running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who wowed Republicans by tossing zingers at Obama on Wednesday.

The 72-year-old Arizona senator, who bears the scars of 5-1/2 years as a Vietnam prisoner of war, launched a two-month campaign to win the White House, entering the push to Election Day as the underdog with most polls showing Obama ahead.

He said he admired Obama but that they had big differences and told his supporters, "We're going to win this election."

"Let me offer an advance warning to the old, big spending, do-nothing, me-first, country-second Washington crowd: change is coming," McCain said.

McCain, portrayed as no different than unpopular President George W. Bush by Obama and the Democrats, tried to reclaim his image as a Republican maverick in hopes of attracting .
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

McCain accepts party's nomination, promises jobs..............
Page 1 of 1