Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sylhet mayor Kamran out on bail...............

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Sylhet mayor Kamran  out  on bail............... Empty
PostSubject: Sylhet mayor Kamran out on bail...............   Sylhet mayor Kamran  out  on bail............... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:09 pm

Sylhet mayor Kamran  out  on bail............... Kamran10

Sylhet mayor-elect Badaruddin Ahmed Kamran has been released on bail in corruption cases from Sylhet jail, the jailer said on Thursday.

Kamran, who already held the office once before, was released at 2pm, jailer Monir Ahmed told us
Speaking to bdnews24.com's Sylhet Correspondent Muktadir Ahmed immediately afterward, Kamran said, "I have been with [the people], and I'll be on [their] side in the days ahead. Nothing will be able to push me away from the people."

"I retake the pledge to make Sylhet City Corporation transparent, accountable."

"I'm ill, I don't want to say anything else now," Kamran added.

Court stayed proceedings of two cases and granted him bail in two more.

He beat his nearest BNP-backed rival by massive 85000 votes in the Aug 4 Sylhet City Corporation elections to ride back to office.

Senior jail caretaker AKM Fazlul Haque said the bail papers reached them Wednesday afternoon and after scrutiny the authorities allowed his release.

A Sylhet court issued arrest warrants against Kamran and 17 others on April 5 last year on charges of corruption in the allocation of a kitchen market in Shibganj.

The police arrested him the next day.

On May 8 last year, Kamran was freed from Comilla jail on a High Court bail. Later joint forces arrested him again at Sylhet's Gulshan Hotel on May 29 that year.

The law enforcers raided his Sylhet home that night and seized savings certificates worth Tk 35 lakh, Tk 1 lakh cash and one bottle of foreign liquor.

Later, a case was filed under narcotics act with Kotwali Police Station.

The Anticorruption Commission on Feb 7 this year filed a case with the same police station against Kamran and his wife Asma Kamran on charges of acquiring ill-gotten wealth worth Tk 2.16 crore.

Charges were pressed against them on July 31.

The Sylhet mayor-elect was freed on parole on Aug 18 to pay his last respects to his mother, who had died in Square Hospital.

He was admitted to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital the same night for high blood pressure.

Kamran was taken to jail from hospital on Wednesday.

The four newly-elected city mayors and nine municipal mayors are to be sworn in to office by Sep 11.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

Sylhet mayor Kamran out on bail...............
Page 1 of 1