Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Abdul Jalil back home, says he's fine now...................

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Abdul Jalil back home, says he's fine now................... Empty
PostSubject: Abdul Jalil back home, says he's fine now...................   Abdul Jalil back home, says he's fine now................... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:48 am

Abdul Jalil back home, says he's fine now................... Latest11

Awami League general secretary Abdul Jalil, paroled for treatment, flew back home Sunday night from Singapore and said he had recovered from his illness.

"I have recovered (from illness). I am quite well now. Please pray for me so that I can serve the people," said Jalil at the airport, arriving 10 days ahead of expiry of his parole.

His wife, Rehana Jalil, took the question when asked by reporters that he had promised to quit politics prior to his flight to Singapore: "He is on parole now. He will not make any political statements."

Jalil landed at 10.40pm and was driven straight to his Gulshan home.

Top party leaders – acting chief Zillur Rahman, presidium members Amir Hossain Amu, Suranjit Sengupta, Motia Chowdhury and acting general secretary Syed Ashraful Islam – were present at the airport.

Zillur Rahman said he was demanding his release from detention. "We are happy (that he's returned)."

He was paroled on March 2 for one month on medical grounds and flew for the city state the following day.

The parole has since been extended four times, the last on Aug 7 to Sept 10.

The AL leader received treatment at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital, a popular destination for many high-profile Bangladeshis.

Jalil was arrested by the joint forces on May 28 last year and then admitted to a cardiac hospital in Dhaka on July 15 with serious heart ailments.

He was charged with corruption and sued by the ACC.

The ACC alleged the former commerce minister amassed nearly Tk 65 lakh in ill-gotten wealth and concealed information relating to another Tk 63 lakh worth of property.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

Abdul Jalil back home, says he's fine now...................
Page 1 of 1