Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Awami League marks Ivy Rahman's death anniversary..................

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Awami League marks Ivy Rahman's death anniversary.................. Empty
PostSubject: Awami League marks Ivy Rahman's death anniversary..................   Awami League marks Ivy Rahman's death anniversary.................. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:45 am

Awami League on Sunday was observing the fourth death anniversary of the party's former women affairs secretary Ivy Rahman, who died of injuries sustained in the Aug 21, 2004, grenade attack on an AL rally in the capital.

Family members and former colleagues offered flowers and prayers at her grave in Banani.

Husband and acting AL president Zillur Rahman, in an emotional tribute, said: "Ivy sacrificed her own life to save our leader Sheikh Hasina on the tragic day of the grenade attack. I have hardly been able to breathe since."

Zillur, repeating allegations that the then BNP-led four-party alliance government had been behind the grenade attack, demanded the caretaker government bring the culprits to book.

Ivy, mortally wounded during the blasts, was admitted to Dhaka Combined Military Hospital where she died two days later.

Members of Jatiya Mohila Porishad, Mohila Awami League, Jubo League and others paid respects at her grave Sunday.

A milad mehfil was scheduled to be held at Zillur Rahman's Gulshan house after asr prayers.

Ivy Rahman was born on July 7, 1944. Her father Jalaluddin Ahmed was the principal of Dhaka College.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

Awami League marks Ivy Rahman's death anniversary..................
Page 1 of 1