Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Remain alert against militant activities: PM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xFile
Administrator
Administrator
xFile

Male
Number of posts : 240
City/Town : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Remain alert against militant activities: PM Empty
PostSubject: Remain alert against militant activities: PM   Remain alert against militant activities: PM I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:16 pm

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday asked the law enforcing agencies to remain alert about the militant organizations and their activities in the country, reports UNB.
"I also urge my countrymen to remain vigilant about the militant outfits," Hasina was quoted as saying by her Press Secretary Abul Kalam Azad after a two-hour cabinet meeting at the Bangladesh Secretariat.
Abul Kalam Azad told a post-meeting briefing at the PID conference room that the cabinet approved the proposed amendment to the Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission Act 2003 for proper management of production, mobilization, transport and supply of power and gas.
BSS adds: The cabinet on Monday approved amendments to Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission (BERC) (amendment) Act-2003, re- introduction of Bangabandhu National Agriculture Award and discussed with due importance the issues related to militancy.
The approval came at the regular cabinet meeting with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair held at Cabinet Division of the Bangladesh Secretariat.
The press secretary said the objective of the amendments to BERC Act is aimed at creating an investment friendly atmosphere for private entrepreneurs through smoothening power generation, transmission of natural gas and marketing of petroleum products. The amendments will also ensure transparency in the management of the commission and tariff control side by side with creating of a competitive market and protecting the consumers'' interest, he said.
Azad said the law was enacted to pave the way for establishing an independent and neutral regulatory commission and also modified in the past.
About reintroduction of Bangabandhu National Agricultural Award, the press secretary said this honour would be given to the persons and organizations in recognition to their outstanding contribution to the overall development of the country and expansion of the agriculture sector with innovative knowledge and technology.
He said Bangabandhu Award Fund was launched in 1973 and title of the fund changed at different times. In 1997, National Agriculture Award Fund was renamed as Bangabandhu Agriculture Fund. In 2002, it was further renamed as National Agricultural Award Fund and now it assumed its first name Bangabandhu National Agriculture Award.
Members of the cabinet and state ministers of the concerned ministries attended the meeting. Cabinet Secretary Md Abdul Aziz and concerned secretaries were also present.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lamsy.com

Remain alert against militant activities: PM
Page 1 of 1