Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hasina calls for JS elections first to restore democracy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xFile
Administrator
Administrator
xFile

Male
Number of posts : 240
City/Town : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Hasina calls for JS elections first to restore democracy Empty
PostSubject: Hasina calls for JS elections first to restore democracy   Hasina calls for JS elections first to restore democracy I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:33 am

Former prime minister and Awami League president Sheikh Hasina, now in Washington, called for realizing parliament election first to restore democracy in the country. Addressing party workers in the US capital, marking the 59th founding anniversary of Awami League, she asked her party faithful to foil all conspiracies at any cost and ensure victory in the parliamentary polls. Hasina reminded that Awami League was born for establishing democracy and the rights of the common people, according to a message received here yesterday.

In reply to a question from the workers, she said, "I've no reservation against any one. I want to work together with all to build the country so Bangladesh can be a middle-income developed country by 2020."

Recalling her return to Bangladesh from America last year, despite perceived prohibition from the emergency regime, Hasina said she took all risks and returned to the country for restoration of democracy.

About her interim release from prison for treatment abroad the Awami League chief said she was freed due to unity of the party in the face of all "conspiracies" and persistent demand by her followers at home and abroad.

Expressing her gratitude to party leaders and workers for her release, Hasina said Awami League repeatedly came under attack as it speaks for the people. "Awami League has proved how to face the challenges by maintaining unity in an adverse situation."

Hasina, who had run the country from 1996 to 2001, said people got rice at Tk 10 per kg and lived in happiness during her rule. "But, people had to face disastrous situation as the Awami League did not return to power. As a result, the country faced a setback in different fields."

The meeting was held at the residence of US Awami League president Prof Khalid Hasan. Hasina's son Sajiv Wajed Joy, US Awami League leaders Abdus Sobhan Golap, Keramat Ali, Chandan Dutta, Joseph Kennedy Gomez, Abdullah Liton, Haji Liton, Abdur Rahim Badsha and Haji Modasser Mia and leaders of the party's front organizations were among others present.[/justify]
Back to top Go down
http://www.lamsy.com

Hasina calls for JS elections first to restore democracy
Page 1 of 1