Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

BNP walks out after withdrawing motions.................

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

BNP walks out after withdrawing motions................. Empty
PostSubject: BNP walks out after withdrawing motions.................   BNP walks out after withdrawing motions................. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:05 pm

BNP walks out after withdrawing motions................. Top230

The BNP-led opposition MPs staged a brief walkout from parliament Tuesday during the passage of a bill.

The opposition, who has opposed ratification of all ordinances made by the interim government, earlier withdrew their disapproval motion for an ordinance on the president's remuneration.

The opposition MPs did not deliver their speeches on disapproval motions on "The Income Tax (Second Amendment) Ordinance, 2007" and "The Income Tax (Amendment) Ordinance 2008".

And the disapproval motions were not tabled in parliament.

This is the first time that the opposition has withdrawn their disapproval motion.

The 26 MPs of the BNP-led opposition submitted notices for disapproving the "The President's (Remuneration and Privileges) (Amendment) Ordinance, 2007" and two other ordinances on income tax ordinances.

Speaker Abdul Hamid gave floor to Salahuddin Quader Chowdhury for speaking against the ordinance.

The senior BNP MP said, "We withdraw the disapproval motions as a constitutionally elected President has taken over now."

"We submitted disapproval motions as we had an unconstitutional president who violated the constitution."

The BNP accuses former president Iajuddin Ahmed of breaching the constitution. Zillur Rahman was elected President unopposed to replace Iajuddin.

The attending MPs applauded Chowdhury's speech.

But Awami League MP Fazle Rabbi Mian tried to attack him.

"Mr Salahuddin Quader Chowdhury could understand it of late.

"But my question is whether all the BNP MPs have withdrawn the disapproval motions."

The speaker said since none of the opposition MPs have objected to Chowdhury's statement "I think all of the disapproval motions have been withdrawn".

"Can't we change the culture of verbal salvo," asked speaker Hamid amid table-thumbing by all MPs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

BNP walks out after withdrawing motions.................
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: News Boards and Comments/Feedback :: সর্বশেষ বিশ্ব সংবাদ-
Jump to: