Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Govt hopes to repatriate Coco's 'illegal funds'............

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief_Adviser

Chief_Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 615
City/Town : in ur heart .
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Govt hopes to repatriate Coco's 'illegal funds'............ Empty
PostSubject: Govt hopes to repatriate Coco's 'illegal funds'............   Govt hopes to repatriate Coco's 'illegal funds'............ I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:54 pm

The government is hopeful of repatriating funds allegedly laundered by Khaleda Zia's younger son Arafat Rahman Coco, and confiscated by the US government, finance minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith told parliament on Monday.

But the government cannot release a list of corruption suspects prepared by the US, said the minister.

Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim asked the finance minister whether the US government's list of those suspected of laundering money would be made public.

"It is not possible to release any list (of corruption suspects). This is a matter of investigation.

"We cannot say where the investigation will end. I cannot say anything further for the sake of the investigation," Muhith told parliament.

Selim, an Awami League MP, also asked if the government would bring back Coco's confiscated funds from Singapore.

The minister said a case had been filed in a US district court regarding 'illegally earned' money seized from a Singapore account owned by Coco.

"We are hopeful that we will be able to take the money back from the US government, subject to the verdict of the court and negotiations with the US government," said the finance minister.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deshianondo.com

Govt hopes to repatriate Coco's 'illegal funds'............
Page 1 of 1