Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inPORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 281 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Graft cases against me to take their course: Hasina: Move to form anti-terrorism task force is on

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xFile
Administrator
Administrator
xFile

Male
Number of posts : 240
City/Town : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Graft cases against me to take their course: Hasina: Move to form anti-terrorism task force is on Empty
PostSubject: Graft cases against me to take their course: Hasina: Move to form anti-terrorism task force is on   Graft cases against me to take their course: Hasina: Move to form anti-terrorism task force is on I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:10 am

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said she would talk to other countries of South Asia to form Anti-Terrorism Task Force as her newly elected government wants to build Bangladesh as a peaceful country.
"I will talk to other countries to form a joint taskforce to combat terrorism as it is a big problem not only for Bangladesh but for many other countries," she said in an interview with international television channel Aljazeera aired yesterday.
Sheik Hasina, who assumed power after the country's transition to democracy through the December 29 crucial general election, said she wants to establish Bangladesh as a peaceful country in South Asia to give development a chance for the sake of getting rid of poverty. "We want peace."

The premier, in the same breath, described poverty as the biggest enemy in the South Asian region and said her government would also work hand in hand to remove the curse of poverty.

In the interview as part of the world-famous talk-show Frost Over The World by media-veteran Sir David Frost, Hasina also replied to questions about the graft cases pending against her.

She said all the cases proved to be "false and baseless", but left the matter to the law to decide.

"The first corruption charge the caretaker government brought against me after hearing that I am trying to come home. I wanted to come home to face the trial. But the then caretaker government had tried to stop me, which proved that the cases filed against me were false," she said.

"I do not want to interfere in the judiciary as it is separate and will run independently. Of course, law will take its own course as the judiciary is separated. And it will work independently."

Sheikh Hasina vowed to accomplish "unfinished" tasks of her father, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, by ensuring economic emancipation of the people. She observed that the independence leader, Bangabandhu, loved the people very much and his only dream was to ensure a better life for them.

Back to top Go down
http://www.lamsy.com

Graft cases against me to take their course: Hasina: Move to form anti-terrorism task force is on
Page 1 of 1